A discovery session is the first stage in web product development. Its main purpose is to get all the necessary information to specify the requirements and estimate the client’s business needs. As a result, the team gives to the client an accurate project estimation and development costs.
Why do we need a discovery phase?
This phase is essential for software companies, as they can get the answers to the following questions:
- What is the client’s business?
- What are the main business aspects?
- What is the target audience?
- Who are the product end-users?
Main tasks of the project discovery phase
- Exploring the subject area
The first step includes the investigation of the subject area, as well as exploring of product market and competitors. At this stage, a client explains his vision of the product, its main features, and functions.
We are ready to provide you with a detailed business analysis and help with your idea validation!
- Identifying bottlenecks
Having collected the expectations of the client, a software development team analyze the input data and possible project bottlenecks that include implementation of features or business logic.
- Discussing top-notch solutions to the expected challenges
Technical experts provide their solutions to the expected challenges and give explanations of certain architecture solutions that can meet the requirements of the client.
Explore our case study of project migration.
- Defining priorities and estimating the project scope
At this stage, the software developers team defines the main tasks priorities and create a project scope. Here our developers work together with Product Managers to efficiently distribute resources and get ready for the development process. The client can see the user stories at the designed project scope.
- Designing the roadmap of the project
A software development team and a client’s teamwork on creating the project roadmap that is made in form of a graphical overview and timeline of the main objectives and deliverables. This roadmap allows the team to collect different components before starting a new product and see the whole picture of the project development.
- Estimating project cost and time and preparing project documentation
The last stage of a project discovery phase is to prepare a list of documentation that includes the detailed technical specification, the project’s roadmap with estimates, and wireframes. The wireframes may also include prototypes and product design.
What will you get after the discovery phase?
After the discovery phase, you will get the following results:
- A complete detailed plan of works with time estimates and specific deadlines;
- A project scope with a detailed technical specification;
- An accurate project’s roadmap;
- A concrete price estimated for the whole project development process;
- A prototype, wireframes, and final product design that will include all functionalities.
Benefits of working with UppLabs
Whether your project is at the initiation or the execution stage, our professional team can meet your needs. UppLabs is the right choice for those who expect to get the project discovery phase of web/mobile apps of any complexity at the highest quality.
We specialize in working with small/mid businesses and enterprises in Fintech, Healthcare and Real Estate.
While working with us you can gain:
- Expertise in technical requirements and development of roadmap formation;
- Requirement analysis and coming up with the right solutions;
- A quick prototype to validate your idea or an optimized scalable platform;
- Transparency of the work processes;
- Accessibility to team members who are working on your project;
- Result-oriented and high-quality work;
- The code that is written following best practices;
- The functionality that is manually tested by our QA specialists;
- A dedicated development team or developer for your project/tasks;
- Efficient communication;
- Solid results and good vibes.
See our team and hire us!
We hope to win your business and build a long-term relationship with you!