Node.js has a spectacular scope of implementation. Due to its single-threaded nature, this platform is primarily used for non-blocking, event-driven servers. Professional Node.js development in UppLabs offers you traditional websites and backend API services.
Node.js Development in UppLabs
A bit of Node.js history
What’s special about Node.js?
The most famous products developed with Node.js
Corporate users of Node.js software include such best practices and corporations as GoDaddy, Groupon, IBM, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Netflix, PayPal, Rakuten, SAP, Voxer, Walmart, and Yahoo:
- PayPal. According to Jeff Harrell, the engineering director at Paypal: “Node.js supports our web applications and has allowed our teams to progress with projects much faster.”
- Yahoo has been using Node.js for many years in many of its web services and applications, including Yahoo Answers and Yahoo Screen.
- Wall Street Journal. According to an owner of the Wall Street Journal: “The simple truth is that Node has reinvented the way websites are created. Developers create the right functionality in days, not weeks.”
- Klout, an application that measures and evaluates its users according to social impact using social network analytics and built on Node.js
Node.js popularity in 2020
Every year, the amount of Node.js platform downloads increases by 40%. The release of new versions of Node.js is expected in April and October of 2020 that will include such updates as:
- Support for QUIC. QUIC is a state-of-the-art Internet protocol that allows you to build reliable and productive communications between applications.
- An updated version of the V8 JS engine. Versions 7.8 and 7.9 of the V8 engine will increase application performance and support for Wasm.
- Stable API Worker Threads. API Worker Threads brings the function of parallel execution of intensive calculations.
Node.js pros and cons
Advantages of Node.js:
- It is easy to learn;
- It can be used as a Full-Stack JS;
- It can be served as a Single Programming Language;
- It has great performance;
- It is supported by many commonly used tools.
Disadvantages of Node.js:
- Low efficiency in CPU intensive operations.
- Many third-party libraries are available. This ecosystem hasn’t been sufficiently formed sometimes there are not very qualitatively tested modules.
Why UppLabs chose Node.js?
This platform is most often used to create web services that require intensive information exchange with users, including the implementation of chats, collaboration systems, social networks, etc. Many programs created on Node.js consist of server and client parts.
We choose Node.js for our projects because of:
- Its server-side applications.
- It’s easy and scalable in use. We can scale out on multi-CPU servers.
- It has per-process and across servers.